Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Sacrifices we make (Eid-Ul-Adha Special)

Eid festivities is round the corner I have decided to make more of an effort to understand, convey and apply the deeper meaning of Eid-Ul-Adha, most people are aware that Muslims celebrate this Eid in remembrance of prophet Abraham’s readiness to sacrifice his son Ishmael to God. As a tribute, they sacrifice a domestic animal.

We don’t go much deeper than this, we think about only our selfishness and also about our comfort. Even when we give something to other, we try to do it with our convenience including me. We give only those things to other which are no longer to our use, like cloths, old bags and domestic use product. But when was the last time we truly sacrifice of anything which was truly precious to us in term of someone else welfare or say name of God. I haven’t done it from a long time; I could not even remember the last time I did it. I can remember all the charitable work and the things I did but I have never had to make any personal sacrifice in order to do those things which was difficult to me. We always tend to do things as per convince, so that we can do things.

As a tribute to Abraham’s sacrifices this Eid, I will make an effort to be charitable in a way, which is perhaps not the most convenient for me.

I am not a perfect person and never could be, but sometime in life you have to realize that you can be a better person but only if you try. My Eid always have been like a normal one, where all the things are taken care by my sister and mother.



P.S.: I really appreciate what my friend Jayant is doing. He is going out of his comfort zone to teach English people in NGO. I think that is what I called a selfless act, he will not earn from there, he is not doing job but he is something which will benefit others in whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to pen you Comment